June 22, 2010

Let's Eat

Today was the very anticipated potluck. The potluck for which I baked all weekend! Me and my friend made the chocolate croissants and the chocolate pudding cups.

And now for the self critique:
The croissants were fairly tasty. They weren't what I expected though. When I think about chocolate croissants I think about very soft and flaky dough. The ones we made were too hard and the dough was more stiff than flaky. I got the shape almost perfect though! I didn't know if they were gonna come out too big but after they were baked they looked pretty awesome. The people at the potluck liked them, and by the end of the morning there were only 3 out of 18 left. I took these home and I'll be having them for breakfast the next few days.


The chocolate pudding.... All I can say is YUUUM!!! It was soooooo good! It was sweet but not too sweet. It was soft but not too liquid. It looked like pudding, it tasted like pudding and it was as enjoyable as pudding! So so so good! The chocolate cups barely survived. They were melting way too fast so when we got there they were melting into each other. When we tried to separate them they broke a little bit but they were still eatable and presentable! We also added some sprinkles on top of the pudding for a little extra color! I absolutely recommend Bakerella's Chocolate Pudding Cup recipe. Just delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment